The verbatim style of transcription you opt for depends upon your intended use for the completed transcript. With a full verbatim transcript, our transcriptionists will capture every detail on your audio file exactly in the way it appears in the audio and will include the following:
- Pauses and filler words, e.g. “Um”, “Ah”, “Huh?”, “like”, “you know”
- Non-verbal utterances, e.g. [coughs], [sighs], [laughs]
- Colloquialisms or slang words, e.g. “ain’t”, “wanna”, “gonna”, “yeah”
- Non-verbal sounds, e.g. [phone rings], [door slams]
- False starts and stutters, e.g. I… I was once… once
Full verbatim transcription style is mostly used in legal/judicial matters, medical and qualitative research, psychological reports and often video transcripts. Full verbatim transcripts can be useful when for example, documenting an interview or testimony for legal purposes as the thought processes and emotions underlying the speaker’s words are often implied through conversational cues such as hesitancy, doubt or exaggeration.
With a clean verbatim transcript, false starts, slang words, filler words etc. are removed, grammatical errors fixed and sounds or utterances that do not contribute to the primary content are removed. For example, if you simply require a summary of information shared in a meeting with colleagues or employees, then a clean verbatim transcript would be sufficient for your intended audience to easily read and comprehend the key content within. A clean verbatim transcript may often be used as a marketing tool or online publication with no further editing required.
Our verbatim transcription service consists of the following:
- 99% Accurate – To ensure 99% accuracy we employ professional transcriptionists from US, UK, CA and AU who have experience in various niches and are able to comprehend a wide range of accents.
- Signed NDA (If requested) – We guarantee that our clients’ information and content is kept safe and confidential. However, if you require a signed NDA we are happy to do that, just contact us via email prior to placing your order.
- Timestamping (If requested) – We offer two methods of timestamping [00:00:00] and can place timestamps on speaker change or at 2 minute intervals, as per your request.
- Custom requirements – We can also follow any specific requirements you may have and these can be specified in the order form. This can be specific transcript formatting, text marking requirements, templates etc.
- Transcript in .DOCX/WEB/PDF formats – You will receive your completed transcript via email in .DOCX format along with a link to the online website version where you can easily view and/or share the transcript. Additionally, you may also opt to download the transcript in .PDF format.
How we transcribe:
After we receive your audio or video file, it is checked by our staff and forwarded to the transcriber who is most suited in experience and skill to process your content.
Your audios and videos are manually transcribed using professional transcription software which our transcriptionists use to listen to the audio and type the text into Microsoft Word documents.
Once the preliminary transcript is complete, it undergoes a thorough review and proofreading process by our quality control team who will check and fix any errors that may exist.
You will be sent two different versions of your document via email, a separate .docx document which will contain the transcript itself and the link (url) to the website version where you can easily preview, share or download a .pdf version of your transcript.
Formats we can transcribe:
We are able to transcribe most audio and video formats, including: .MPEG, .MP4, .SWF, .MOV, .AVS, .AIF, .AVI, .MP2, .MP3, .WMA, .M4A, .AIFF, AC3, .MOV, .WAV and YOUTUBE VIDEOS.
Why you should choose us:
- More than 15,000 satisfied clients
- 5 years of experience providing transcription service
- Very reasonable rates
- Fast turnaround times
- 24/7/365 email/phone support